Monday, December 13, 2010

Smiling in between the tears

Baby Thomas is now smiling much more and even smiles when Tom coaches him to.  This is really nice since he's been really fussy lately.  Half of the time he nurses, he ends up with painful cries afterwards from reflux and gas.  Also, he is still suffering from a yeasty diaper rash which has been around for three weeks or so.  I feel like a bad mother letting it go on for so long, but I have been trying to treat it in various ways starting with Desitin.  After seeing the pediatrician, I started treating it with nystantin and cut out citrus from my diet.  After a week, it improved but did not completely go away.  The pediatrician told me to take diary out of my diet and see how that works.  That is so hard for me and unfortunately, last week I gave in to my weakness of mozzarella cheese, yogurt milk shakes, and in the spirit of the holidays - eggnog. This week, I started treating his rash with coconut oil which is an all natural antifugal, but that is not working either, although I like the smell of it.  Next step is to remove diary from my diet. This might also help his gas and reflux which is an added bonus.  As hard as this is for me, I am telling myself that I have done it before when I was on the "fat flush" diet last summer for two weeks and so I can certainly do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment